There are few simple rules that you can follow to make structuring pages with the dvision tag a little simpler.
These rules apply when you are trying to place 2 or more divisions horizontally adjacent to each other on the same page. (As shown below)
|Division 1||Division 2|
Notice the code for the left and right division is the same except for background-color.
You could use the float : right property in the right division.
- Don't place borders on adjacent divisions.
- Don't set margins or padding for adjacent divisions.
- Set padding and margins for elements inside the division.
- Place a
<br clear="all">tag below the last adjacent division.
- For liquid pages (pages that adjust better to different resolution settings) use percentage settings for widths.
- To equalize columns use absolute height settings. Then leave extra space at the bottom for flexing.